Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Art Beat 2010

Occasionally sticky heat and humidity can make everyone wish they were living in a refrigerator, such was the case on the 17th. I desperately needed to get to the grocery store and was dreading walking the 2 miles in the swampy weather. As I walked I noticed part of the road was closed....odd...I looked up a little further and saw a whole bustle of people. Suddenly I realized I was stumbling upon Art Beat! I immediately realized I need to read more flyers as I walk through the square, and also renewed my love for Davis Square.


Art Beat is an art festival that happens yearly with a different theme in Davis Square. This year's theme was water and was complete with kiddy pool with giant plastic bubbles. Being pretty much broke I enjoyed looking into each of the sweating tents and admiring work but I pretty much walked straight through so I wouldn't be tempted or get depressed when I couldn't afford what I wanted. I did snap one shot of a mini-parade as it went by:


I felt really bad for the human statues...it looked miserable but one chick had a good attitude and winked at all the passing people. I recognized a few vendors from when I helped a friend out at SOWA and can't believe people sit out in this heat so often. Pretty impressive.

Hope everyone is starting their week well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment